Monday, October 25, 2010

The Face of a Mouser


Guinness caught a mouse last week. I think she was as surprised as we were. She was very interested in a tarp out back at the cabin and when we moved it a mouse ran out. She grabbed it and we immediately told her to drop it, which she did. It didn't move and my SO tossed it into the woods. He said it was alive. Guinness was rewarded profusely.

I feel bad for the furry little things, but we really don't want them in the house. After the mouse incident Guinness was sniffing along the wall to the kitchen and acting very interested. We set traps there for the first time and found them full when we got back.

As a true mountain woman I realize that mice can be a problem if not kept under control. Our terrier is now an official working dog and living up to her Irish farmdog heritage.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

That's fantastic! Go Guinness! I don't know if my dog has it in her to actually catch a mouse, but she sure would try. That's why we have a cat.

I just found your blog via Dog Tipper's blog directory and I think Guinness is super cute. There is a wheaton terrier in our flyball class and he is one of my Shiva's best friends. :-)

Have a great weekend!