Saturday, June 21, 2008

First Furcut





The weather was getting hot and I know wheatens don't do well in the heat. She also had that not so attractive patch on her side from surgery. I deemed it time for her first furcut. There is a place in town that had been owned by a person who is big in the wheaten world in Southern California. She's since sold it but the groomers were trained by her. I've been to PetSmarts where they didn't even know what a wheaten cut looked like, even though they had a big poster on the wall with an actual wheaten listed.

A previous attempt at grooming at PetSmart didn't go so well and they wound up just doing a little trimming in the hindquarters. I trimmed her ears and topknot so she's look more wheateny. Bruce said she looked like she was wearing a big racoon coat. This was her first grooming and she was uncooperative.


So I made the appointment at the wheateny place and dropped her off. OK, I really need to work with her. She hates having her face and feet messed with so they had to muzzle her. The owner was very nice and told me that wheatens have strong personalities and I need to show her who's boss and work on her face and feet frequently.

She looks so proud of herself doesn't she? She's much happier without the heavy fur in the heat and she's as soft as those new super soft chenielle robes they've come out with.

No comments: